DAN On-Site Neurological Assessment Course.... Divers evaluate a patient correctly!
This course provides divers with a very quick step by step process NOT TO DIAGNOSE DCI but to both assist in identification of DCI in a case where perhaps the symptoms are not obvious and aslo to record for reference by Hyperbaric facilities the condition of the patient and changes in the condition prior to recompression. A great addition to the divers skell set and knowledge!!
The DAN On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers Provider ("DAN Neuro Provider") program is designed to:
- Refresh the knowledge of the warning signs of a dive emergency
- Identify when it is appropriate to conduct an On-Site Neurological Assessment
- Conduct an On-Site Neurological Assessment
At the end of this program, DAN On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers, participants will be able to:
- Understand and identify common warning signs of decompression illness.
- Take a dive history to determine when it is appropriate to conduct a complete On-Site Neurological Assessment.
- Use an On-Site Neurological Assessment Slate to conduct a complete On-Site Neurological Assessment.
Skill Performance Objectives
To successfully complete the DAN On-Site Neurological Assessment for Divers course, participants must demonstrate skill and confidence in conducting an On-Site Neurological Assessment.
- Taking a History
- Taking vital signs
- Mental Function
- Speech and Language
- Orientation to Time and Place
- Short-term Memory
- Abstract Reasoning
- Eye Control
- Facial Control
- Facial Sensation
- Finger spread
- Grip strength
- Hip flexors
- Light Touch
- Sharp Touch
Balance and Coordination