Take the best pictures of your life.
Digital has taken the underwater photography world by storm. Get in on the action with the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Speciality course. You can quickly and easily capture the underwater world with your camera and on your computer. During the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Speciality course, you learn to use the PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine and Adjust) method, which takes full advantage of digital technology. The result is good underwater photos faster than you may imagine. You not only learn how to take good photos, but how to share them with your friends via email or printing, optimising your work with your computer, storage and more.
During the DUP Course at Plymouth Diving Centre we offer you a four hour theory session where you will learn how to use your camera underwater and how to take care of it after the dive. We also include a two hour pool session so you can learn all the skills in a controlled environment and then we will take you to open water where you will put the new skills into use.
- Must be a PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water (or have a qualifying certification from another training organisation). However, you can take the course as a snorkeller and receive a nondiving certification.
- Choosing and using modern digital cameras and underwater housings
- Using the PADI SEA method for getting great shots quickly
- Editing and sharing your pictures
- The three primary principles for getting good photos underwater
- The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer certification credits toward the Master Scuba Diver rating.
- This is one of PADI’s most adaptable speciality courses and can even be started during the last dive of your PADI Open Water Diver course